After having won the European project H2020-MSCA-RISE AMITIE’s coordination, the University of Limoges is about to officially launch this 900 K€ research program focused on additive manufacturing of ceramics, for various sectors such as Energy, Information and Communication Technologies, Transports and Biomaterials. The first consortium meeting will be held in Brussels on April 12th, 2017 gathering representatives of 18 partners.
This event will take place in the French “Nouvelle Aquitaine Region” Representation. The first part of the day will be dedicated to the introduction of each involved team, their know-how and their resources. The afternoon will allow focusing on the main project topics and research actions with working sessions dedicated to the first achievements and secondments to be done during the next months.
Actually, AMITIE, Additive Manufacturing Initiative for Transnational Innovation in Europe, led by the SPCTS laboratory aims at encouraging transnational and intersectoral partnerships, as well as sharing of ideas and know-how for the benefit of scientific knowledge and innovation’s development.
To meet this challenge over the 48 coming months, this project gathers the additional expertise of 18 partners (in a multidisciplinary consortium) among the most skilled and recognized teams in their fields:
- The University of Limoges, via the SPCTS laboratory,
- The National Institute of Applied Sciences of Lyon (FR),
- The University of Valenciennes Haut Cambresis (FR),
- The University of Erlangen (DE),
- The Federal Institute for Material Research and Testing (DE),
- The University of Padova (IT),
- The Polytechnical Institute of Torino (IT),
- The Imperial College of London (GB),
- The Polytechnical University of Catalunia (ES),
- The Belgium Ceramic Research Center (BE).
- The Mohammadia Engineering College of Rabat in Morocco
Fabrice Rossignol, AMITIE project coordinator
SPCTS Laboratory – European Ceramic Centre
12 Rue Atlantis – 87068 LIMOGES Cedex- FRANCE
+33 (0) 587 50 24 14 /
European commission website
87032 Limoges - France
Tél. +33 (0)5 55 14 91 00